Want to participate in the Lancaster Fiber Festival in a fun and interesting way?
Become a volunteer! Volunteers are needed for a variety of jobs to help during the Lancaster Fiber Festival. As you can imagine, there is a lot of work to be done to make things go smoothly. Guilds, Clubs, Organizations and individuals are invited to participate. Here are some of the opportunities available:
- Customer Service, Ticket Sales & Class Ticket Purchase Assistants will help Festival guests get their tickets for entry and classes and help guests get around the beautiful city of Lancaster.
- Badge/Entrance Volunteers will welcome out guests into the Vendor Hall.
- Booth Sitters will help our vendors get a much needed break.
- Stage Hands will help at our wonderful event stage and during the fashion show. 38 demonstrations will take place throughout the three days plus a two hour Fashion Show on Saturday at 2:00 pm.
- Classroom Helpers will help teacher by distributing materials or displaying samples in one of our classes.
- Event Store Sales Associates will assist guests in our store and during book signings and author appearances.
- Event Set-Up & Tear Down Helpers will do just that! Help everyone get their merchandise into or out of the event hall in a timely fashion.
- Drivers to pick-up and drop off teachers at Lancaster Amtrak Train Station and/or Harrisburg Airport.
We ask each you to help for four (4) hours and to thank you for your work, you will receive one admission pass for the day you volunteer. You may break out your time into two hour shifts or a four hour shift. Check out the Volunteer page on the Lancaster Fiber Festival website for more complete job descriptions. Sign up Here!
Meetings will be scheduled at various times before the Fiber Festival. You will have a chance to ask any questions you might have and also meet other Volunteers and Festival Staff.